VACANCY: Transition Goalkeeping Coach
Join the team here at Turf Moor
Job vacancy: Transition Goalkeeping Coach
Remuneration + benefits: Competitive, dependent on experience
28 days holidays per year (including bank holidays) Long service holidays Free parking
Contract type: Permanent. Full time. 40 hours per week.
Must be prepared to work evenings and weekends as per fixture / training requirements
Location: Barnfield Training Centre, Habergham Drive, Padiham, BB12 8UA
Closing date: Monday 21st June 2021 @ 9am
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.
About us Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history. As a proud founder member of the Football League, Burnley Football Club began life as a rugby club. However, 'Burnley Rovers' soon switched codes and became Burnley Football Club in 1882.
FA Cup campaigns gave way to organised football in 1888 with the foundation of the Football League - and since then Burnley have claimed every major honour, with the exception of the League Cup.
We are now in our 5th season in the Premier League for the 2020/21 season.
Burnley Football Club is a special football club located in the heart of the town: we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Transition Goalkeeping Coach to join our Category 1 Academy.
This role focuses on the development of players within the Professional Development Phase to promote through to the first team.
The role also supports the first team’s coaching staff as well as providing the lead link for goalkeeping in the Academy.
Reporting to the First Team Goalkeeping Coach, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and maintain a positive learning environment to maximise each players’ development.
- Document, track, and measure player development within the PDP.
- With use of research and modern methods, help create a vibrant, progressive culture within the department.
- Document session planning and evaluation using the Performance Management Tool.
- Ensure all sessions are delivered with a compliant approach to Health and Safety.
- Evaluate all coaching sessions, documenting achievement of learning objectives or learning action plan for the next coaching session.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate first team coaching sessions when required.
- Support the first team goalkeeping coach daily.
- Support the development and education of goalkeeping coaches within the Academy.
- Conduct performance reviews for each player and include input from the player into this process.
- Ensure that Mid and End of Season reviews to be delivered by the players and staff input is recorded on the PMA.
- Attend Academy department meetings to ensure appropriate departmental communication, planning and evaluation.
- Complete the mandatory qualifications and relevant CPD requirements of Burnley Football Club, the Elite
- Player Performance Plan and associated governing bodies.
- To understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Promote the Burnley FC brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
An ideal candidate will have;
- Advanced Youth Award.
- Level 3 (UEFA B) Coaching Certificate.
- Emergency First Aid Certificate.
- Minimum two years experience of working in a similar role.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to quickly build trust and relationships.
- Team player who will put team and player success over individual success.
- A sound understanding of safeguarding and welfare requirements.
- Ability to inspire others.
- Shows initiative, has confidence in own ability with a positive attitude towards undertaking any aspect of the job role.
- Displays no prejudice when working with others.
- Self-motivated, with expectation of self and others.
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
Level 4 (UEFA A) Coaching Certificate.
Member of the FA Coaches Club.
Experience of working in a professional football club.
Significant experience coaching elite goalkeepers in professional football.
Experience of working in an Academy under EPPP rules.
Knowledge of elite level requirements.r
IT literate with a knowledge of the PMA.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on our website https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/club/vacancies/ and returning it via email to the HR department HR@burnleyfc.com
Burnley Football Club no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley FC is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
- Due to a high demand in applications, the Club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.