VACANCY: MATCHDAY SUPPORTER LIAISON OFFICER
Come and join the matchday team at Turf Moor!
Job vacancy: Matchday Supporter Liaison Officer
Remuneration and benefits: • £Competitive
• Complimentary matchday ticket
• Subsidised gym membership
• The Clarets Store discount
Contract type: • Fixed term contract until 31st May 2022, with the potential to extend
• 3 hours per home matchday (3 hours before kick-off to kick-off)
Location: Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, BB10 4BX
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League club with a rich history, located in the heart of the town and its community, we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
As part of on ongoing commitment to improve the experience for supporters at Turf Moor, an exciting opportunity has become available for a small team of matchday supporter liaison officers.
The team will be joining our Fan Experience Manager and Supporter Liaison Officer to deliver a number of match day requirements, initially supporting on the COVID-19 operation. The team will be focused on asking supporters to display their COVID-19 information (proof of vaccination or negative lateral flow) before getting to the turnstiles.
This role is different from a matchday steward; this team will be here to liaise with supporters more directly and will be dedicated to offering every supporter a warm welcome.
Matchday supporter liaison officers are here to provide help, guidance and answers to supporter enquiries on the build up to kick off as well as being a friendly and happy face to welcome people to Turf Moor.
Reporting to the Supporter Liaison Officer, the Matchday Supporter Liaison Officer will be expected to:
• Work with the Fan Experience Manager and Supporter Liaison Officer to create a welcoming matchday environment
• Facilitate COVID-19 spot checks ensuring supporters can display appropriate information
• Give helpful information to supporters on queries such as wayfinding and directs, ticketing news, turnstiles and matchday operational
• Comply with all club policies
• To understand and implement the club’s safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in the role
• Promote the club brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner
• Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will be friendly and approachable with excellent communication skills. They will also have a proactive and can do attitude with the ability to deliver customer service excellence.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings and weekends.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found here (alternative format available upon request). Burnley Football Club no longer accept CV’s.
We are committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
Sat, Feb 5, 2022