Job Vacancy: Education Officer
Remuneration + benefits: £22,000 – £25,000 per annum
28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
Mobile phone provided
Contract type: Permanent 40 hours per week
Flexible. Prepared to work weekends and evenings where required.
Location: Barnfield Training Centre, Stockbridge Drive, Padiham, Burnley. BB12 8UA.
Closing Date: Friday 19 July 2019
Interview Date: W/C 29 July 2019
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club that prides itself on playing a key role in the local community and investing in local people.
Burnley Academy is aspiring in the forthcoming season to reach Category 1 elite status under EPPP Youth Development rules.
The state-of-the-art training facility and academy programme provides an outstanding environment to develop both players and people.
The Academy are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to support the Head of Education in delivering the strategy of the Education and Welfare department.
This role will essentially co-ordinate and oversee the Day Release programme within the Academy, including liaising with schools and education tutors, and to help support any other education initiatives across the Academy.
This role will involve working closely with the Head of Education, Player Care Officer, and Lead Phase Coaches and together with other key people across the various departments within the Academy.
The Education Officer will be expected to:
- To support the Head of Education to deliver the holistic development strategy of the department and Academy
- To co-ordinate the Day Release programme within the Youth Development Phase
- Co-ordinate and manage the specialist tutors supporting the Day Release programme
- Liaise closely with all schools and parents of players on the Day Release programme
- Provide regular reports and keeping tracking data on academic progress of each individual within the Day Release programme
- Contribute to a multi-disciplinary approach by working closely with other departments within the Academy
- Contribute to regular 6-12 weekly player reviews of players that are involved in the education programmes
- Organise the safe transportation of Day Release players to and from the training ground and education venues in line with safeguarding policies
- Attend weekly operational meetings and phase specific meetings as well as organising and attend any external meetings organised by the League
- Together with the Head of Education and Player Care Officer support the delivery informal life-skills programme for all Academy aged players across all phases (age appropriate programme)
- Together with the Player Care Officer, take responsibility of liaising with released Day Release players, parents and schools to ensure smooth transition and academic performance.
- Introduce and co-ordinate education initiatives to the players within the Foundation Phase
An ideal candidate will have the following essentials:
- Previous experience of working with young people in an education environment
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding and welfare
- Excellent understanding of secondary school and/or primary education system
- Previous experience of co-ordinating programmes
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS or QTLS)
An ideal candidate will have the following desirables:
- Previous experience of working in a high-performance environment
- Previous experience of working within education
- Experience working with KS3 & KS4 students
- Previous experience of leading groups of young people on trips
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required. You will require a full, valid UK driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form.
Burnley Football Club no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley Football Club is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
*Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.