Burnley Football Club are seeking an Academy Football Secretary.
Job Vacancy: Academy Football Secretary
Location: Barnfield Training Centre, Padiham. BB12 8UA.
Department: Academy Football Administration
Reporting to: Academy Manager & Head of Football Operations
Contract Type: Permanent 40 hours per week (including possible evenings & weekends where required)
Start Date: On completion of Enhanced DBS Check
This is a leading role at the Academy and will manage all academy player, team and matchday administration from under 9 to under 18. The role will report directly to the Academy Manager & Head of Football Operations.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Maintain all department filing systems, with specific responsibility for player files.
• Act as the super-user for the Academy PMA system, aiding both staff and players and managing any associated issues.
• Provide support to the Academy Manager in areas such as: diary management, minute taking and day to day running of the Academy programme.
• Liaising with and supporting the Academy Management Team (AMT) in respect to the end of season procedure for all development phases.
• Assist in the production and on-going attainment of ISO audit criteria.
• Producing and maintaining up-to-date staff records.
• Collate all Academy staff timesheets, expenses, purchase orders, receipts and invoices for managerial authorisation, and manage the petty cash process
• Oversee and lead the administrative requirements for Academy tours and tournaments
• A key focus on the administration for U9-U18 age groups, for the Club to demonstrate compliance with external rules and regulations.
• Act as lead administrator for Development Phases U9-U18, including fixture details, transport coordination and parental communication.
• Liaise with the Academy Management Team (AMT) regarding academy fixture and training details.
• To be the point of contact for parents regarding any Academy administrative queries.
• Liaise with Academy and Football Administration staff for updates on news, fixture information and locations, and with Media so that they can update the website with relevant information.
• Keep up to date with knowledge of current legislation and policies, communicating key changes to staff as appropriate.
• Monitor orders and distribution of all Academy stationery requests.
• Manage registrations for U9-U18 players with the appropriate youth development forms.
• Assist the Recruitment Department in booking travel, transport and accommodation for national and overseas trialists.
• Assist in the production of the required documentation for TMS international clearance data.
• Ensure each trialist entering the Academy structure has been presented with the relevant documentation before the commencement of their trial period.
• Assist with scout requests in line with Club and Academy protocol and League rules.
• Minimum of two years in an administrative role.
• Proficient IT Skills with extensive experience in using both Windows and Mac.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to form strong relationships with players, parents, colleagues and officials.
• Strong organisational skills, and able to multitask.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Flexible attitude towards working hours and available on weekends and evenings.
• Strong team-working skills.
• Experience of report writing and taking meeting minutes.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Previous experience of working within the sport industry.
• A relevant qualification in business administration.
• Knowledge of Elite Player Performance Pathway (EPPP) and Youth Development (YD) Rules and experience of working with football regulations and authorities.
• Drive to achieve deadlines, organise and prioritise workload effectively, and continually review ways of working to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Demonstrable skills and abilities in a PA / administration capacity.
Burnley Football Club is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and strives to have an inclusive and diverse workforce.
As part of the Club's commitment to equality we are committed to a fair recruitment process.
If you believe you have the right mix of skills for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter via email to email@example.com.
As this role will require regular work with children and adults at risk, an enhanced DBS will be required along with two professional references.
Once you have applied for this role, you are required to complete an equal opportunities survey to allow the Club to monitor the diversity of its applicants and ensure we are reaching a broad spectrum of people.
The closing date for this vacancy will be 5pm, Friday 18 May 2018.
The company is an equal opportunities employer. The company does not tolerate less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to gender, marital status, race, racial origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, membership or non-membership of a trade union, pregnancy, childbirth, political affiliation, relationships in the workplace, or any other prejudice.
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.
Due to a high demand in applications the Club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.
All applications will be retained on file for three months.