Burnley FC in the Community is delighted to announce the official release of our Impact Report for 2017. The Impact Report is a showcase of how we inspired, supported and delivered change in the communities surrounding Turf Moor between the period 1st July 2016 – 30th June 2017 (the 2016/2017 season).
Via statistics, case studies and input from key staff, the report brings to life the stories of some of the 24,000 people we engaged with last season and how BFCitC is creating opportunities, new life chances and inspiration for those who need it most in our area.
Highlights within the report include:
- 24,000 engaged with BFCitC during the 2016/2017 season
- £1.7m was invested into communities
- BFCitC worked with 55 local partners
- Over 800 disabled participants accessed sport every week
- 492 females took part in football coaching
- 945 primary school children took part in healthy eating workshops
- First team players took part in 231 appearances in the community
The report also focuses on BFCitC’s burgeoning facilities portfolio and the huge amounts of groundwork carried out to date to get these large-scale projects off the ground. The report details the vibrant HQ space for Community staff, the UCFB Burnley space, the reopening of Whitehough Outdoor Centre and the latest on the Leisure Box project at Brierfield Mill.
Burnley FC in the Community is the official charity of Burnley FC. Our mission is to use the inspirational status of our football club to create positive change in our communities.
You can read the full contents of Burnley FC in the Community’s Impact Report 2017 online here.
To find out even more about Burnley FC in the Community, please visit www.burnleyfccommunity.org.