Sean Dyche was delighted as the Clarets put Andre Gray’s ban behind them to beat Watford with a “controlled display”.
Headed goals in each half from Jeff Hendrick and Michael Keane handed Dyche’s men a second league win of the campaign.
That helped ease the blow of being without striker Gray for four games, following the FA ban handed down on Friday.
Dyche, who again went with one striker – this time Sam Vokes - said: “It was really pleasing tonight, especially the manner and control of the performance, throughout the whole game.
“We handled their threat really well and it’s very satisfying. We believe in the players here and I mentioned the flexibility we need, so it was a decision from me to go as we did.
“It was a decision from me following that result at Leicester. There were big parts of the game when I thought we were decent and we just didn’t look a threat in the final third.
“I felt we added to that tonight by getting into wider areas quicker and some of the deliveries were excellent.
“There was just a nice detail to the performance.
“I wanted this idea of focus and freedom and some of the passing and movement was excellent. It was a controlled performance and at this level, that’s not easy to do, so I was pleased with that.”
Dyche spoke about Gray’s ban for the first time, following the victory over the Hornets, which lifted his side to 13th in the Premier League table.
The gaffer said: “I make it clear - and it’s important - that the tweet was unacceptable.
“Andre came out immediately and said that, so if we park that for a minute, we are disappointed.
“He is a young man who, four years ago, was learning at that point in his life. He didn’t have the back-up and support and education from the FA.
“I think it’s a tough one to take. He has moved on a long way since then and we’ll back him and support him through this tough period.
“It’s not about the comment. That’s done now. It’s about moving forward and getting him training and back on the pitch when we can.”