As part of Burnley Football Club’s commitment to achieve Category 2 Academy status, it is seeking to appoint a full time Academy Head of Talent Identification and Recruitment.
• Communicate with key club personnel to assist with strategic planning of the Talent Identification and Recruitment operation.
• Delivery and evaluation of the Academy Talent Identification and Recruitment strategy.
• Develop and maintain the local and regional scouting network for the Foundation and Youth Development Phases.
• Ensure accurate data recording of the recruitment operation is maintained using the PMA.
• Facilitate the trialist process within the Foundation and Youth Development Phases.
• Management and development of the Academy Talent Identification and Recruitment staff.
• Be able to drive with a valid driving licence.
• Current DBS certificate or demonstrate a pending application.
• An FA Talent Identification qualification.
• Experience of using a multi-disciplinary approach within an Academy recruitment strategy.
• Knowledge of talent identification processes within the professional Academy environment.
• Must have worked within a recruitment department at a professional Academy.
• Understanding of safeguarding and welfare polices and procedures within youth football.
• A history of working within a Category 1 or 2 status Academy.
• Experience of leading a department.
• Familiarity of the Elite Player Performance Plan.
• Knowledge of current Premier League Youth Development rules and regulations.
• Adaptable to work to the demands of the job and able to work unsociable hours.
• Adherent to codes of conduct, ethics and confidentiality.
• Can communicate effectively with external parties, Academy personnel and senior management staff.
• Have a meticulous attention to detail.
• Have excellent IT skills.
• Is able to manage and work within a team.
• Possess exceptional organisational qualities.
• Company car.
• Company phone.
• Competitive salary relevant to experience.
To apply for the Academy Head of Talent Identification and Recruitment position, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for all applications is Wednesday, 24th February, 2016.
The full job description can be found HERE