ON BEHALF OF BURNLEY FOOTBALL CLUB, WE APPRECIATE YOUR CO-OPERATION IN TRANSPORTING YOUR SONS TO THE COACHING SESSIONS AND THE ACADEMY GAMES. WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR YOUR HELP IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
• Encourage the players to play by the rules.
• The support of every player should be positive and encouraging
• Parents of guardians must not enter the field of play, dressing rooms or treatment areas, before during or after games or training sessions - unless specifically requested to do so by a member of staff.
• Parents or guardians must keep to the designated areas. They must watch the match from the opposite side of the field to the coaches and must not encroach on the playing area for any reason.
• Help to remove all verbal, physical and racial abuse from football.
• Parents and guardians must not coach from the sidelines. Mixed messages can lead to serious confusion and frustration for the young players.
• Do not question the match officials’ decisions or their honesty.
• Foul, abusive or inappropriate language will not be tolerated.
• Parents and guardians must inform staff of any medication required by a player in advance of training sessions and matches and they must inform staff immediately of any changes to that medication. This applies to food and drink allergies, dietary requirements, medicines and inhalers.
• Parents and guardians must seek permission before photographing or videoing any player under the age of 16.
• Parents and guardians must not bring dogs to the Academy games or ride bicycles on any grass areas. Please deposit any litter in the correct receptacles or take it home.
• Any complaints or concerns should be brought to the attention of the staff at the earliest opportunity. Please refer to the Club’s ‘Complaint’s Procedure’.
Thank you for your cooperation.