Calling all 16-19 year olds – Burnley FC in the Community has introduced a Futsal Scholarship Programme for 16 – 19 year olds starting in September 2014. This is a unique opportunity for talented 16 – 19 year olds to complete a two year Futsal and Education Scholarship. We ONLY have 18 spaces available for the first year cohort which will enable us to produce two Futsal teams.
Staying at school or going to college is not the right choice for everyone, but you can still gain a first class education that will get you to university by completing this course. Why not consider continuing your education here at Turf Moor and playing Futsal for the club?
As a key element of the FA’s strategy to develop the game and produce players capable of representing England, Burnley FC in the Community are now offering this exciting and innovative programme.
Learners will receive high quality Futsal training alongside their educational studies. This will be supplemented by regular fixtures representing Burnley FC against other professional clubs such as Blackpool, Morecambe, Accrington Stanley and Carlisle United.
What is the course?
• Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport (Equivalent to 3 A-levels)
• Full time 2 year course based at Burnley FC
• 8-10 hours of education per week
• 8 hours of Futsal per week (including training and matches)
• Work experience with Burnley FC in the Community
• Available to males aged 16 or 17 who have completed their GCSE’s
• A minimum of 4 GCSE’s or equivalent at C or above.
Why play Futsal?
• Futsal is the only form of indoor football approved by FIFA, UEFA and the FA.
• Over 2 million people play this fast paced game.
• Futsal rewards good technique, game intelligence and is globally recognised as one of the fastest growing indoor sports in the world.
• Many greats from the 11-a-side game such as Ronaldo, Fabregas, Zidane and Pele attribute the development of their skills to Futsal.
Trial and Information Dates
• Wednesday 26th March 5.00pm-6.00pm (Elite Training Centre – Burnley FC)
• Wednesday 2nd April 4.30-5.30pm (Elite Training Centre – Burnley FC)
To sign up for a trial or register your interest please email Steve Obertelli on email@example.com with your preferred date. BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!