Sean Dyche insists Burnley are getting stronger and stronger ahead of Saturday’s trip to face Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road.
The Clarets picked up eight points from their last four Premier League fixtures after victories over Hull City and Stoke City were followed by consecutive home draws against Aston Villa and Newcastle United.
Burnley are now heading to West London sitting one place – and one point – above this weekend’s opponents in the Premier League table, with only inferior goal difference separating them from 17th place in the league standings.
And although Dyche maintains that his team’s approach remains the same, he also admits the players are growing in confidence as the season progresses.
He said: “I think our message has been pretty much the same.
“Early season a lot was made of us not winning, but I said that I thought our performances were good and that you’ve got to go even harder than just giving good performances at this level and I think we’ve done that.
“Our mentality is good and growing from the fact the players are not just winning and getting points on the board, but playing in the Premier League.
“I think it’s quite apparent at the moment, but it’s only at the moment. There’s a lot of games in front of us beginning with QPR on Saturday.
“Our main focus is on the performance levels. We believe in that and I talk about it a lot with good reason because if you get your performance levels right, it doesn’t guarantee you anything, but it gives you a whole
better chance and I think we’ve seen that so far this season.”
Burnley announced earlier this week that they had made a £300,000 profit for financial year ending on 30 June 2014 – before spending £7.9m on promotion bonuses.
And Dyche has once again reiterated that the club have money to invest during the January transfer window, but will continue to look at the bigger picture and remain realistic about their transfer targets.
He added: “I believe we’ve tried to be honest all along, myself and the board. There’s no cover story. There’s a reality, that’s all it is.
“There was money to spend in the summer, we spent some. There was more. But that doesn’t mean there was tens and tens of millions more.
“There was an amount more that the board felt could keep the club in a strong situation financially but one that still allowed me the chance to improve the team because of the demands of the Premier League.
“That chance might come again in January. We know it’s a tough market, even tougher than in the summer because of the nature of it.
“But the players still have to fit the model of the club and there’s an amount that allows the chance to work in the market, but it’s not tens and tens of millions because that would jeopardise the future of the club.
“It’s simple economics and it certainly is for this club.”
“It’s an ongoing thing and no one wants panic buys. It happens from time to time if you’re unlucky with injuries, suspensions or whatever it might be and we understand that. No one wants that situation.
“We’re looking way beyond January and you have to nowadays. It’s not just us who are improving their recruitment, by the way.
“There are lots of clubs out there who are in advance of what we are hoping to achieve at this time, but over time we’re hoping not only to catch up, but build a recruitment system that could be of great value to the
future of this football club.”