A guide to help you access live audio commentary following the website upgrade
It has come to our attention that a handful of Clarets Player subscribers are encountering issues accessing live commentaries since the switch to the new official website.
We believe this issue is caused by the new feature, enabling subscribers to pause / fast-forward / rewind live audio commentary.
To fully access this feature, is it essential you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, which can be downloaded free of charge HERE.
This should solve all access issues. However, if you encounter any further issues please follow the access guide below.
If you have further problems, please email customer support at email@example.com
Clarets Player Access Guide
For the 2012/13 season, live match commentary should now automatically play when accessing the live match section.
If you’ve had problems accessing the commentary service then please follow the below steps to rule out any incompatibility issues.
STEP 1: CLEAR YOUR CACHE
It is important that we rule out any issues with your existing web browser and the Clarets Player cookies that are stored on it. Please choose your browser from the below list and follow the instructions to clear your cache.
Internet Explorer 8/9:
1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools. If you don't see the menu, press Alt on your keyboard to show menus.
2. Select Delete Browsing History.
3. Select the checkbox next to "Temporary Internet Files."
4. Click Delete.
5. It can take several minutes for the cache history to be deleted. Once the files have been deleted, click Okay.
1. Click the spanner icon on the browser toolbar.
2. Select Tools.
3. Select Clear Browsing Data.
4. In the dialogue that appears, select the ‘Empty Cache’ box.
5.Click Clear browsing data.
1. In Firefox, click the Tools menu.
2. Select Clear Recent History.
3. Under "Time Range to Clear," select Everything.
4. Select the "Details" checkbox.
5. Select the "Cache" checkbox.
6. Click Clear Now.
1. Click the Safari tab in the top left hand corner.
2. Select ‘Empty Cache’.
3. Click Empty.
4. Reload the current page.
1. In Opera, click the Tools menu.
2. Click Preferences.
3. Select the Advanced tab.
4. Click History.
5. In the "Disk Cache" section, click Empty Now.
6. Click OK to close the Preferences window.
The above should clear any corruption and allow your computer to download new cookies from the Clarets Player site.
Please close your web browser, re-open the website and log in to Clarets Player as usual.
STEP 2: UPDATE YOUR WEB BROWSER
If clearing your cache hasn’t worked then you may need to install a newer version of your browser. CLUB Player works best when you access it on the below:
Internet Explorer 8
Internet Explorer 9
If you are still unable to access the service then please contact customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for supporting Player
Darren Bentley, Media Manager, Burnley FC