Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 12:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
20 October 2018 Venue The Barnfield Training Centre Attendance

Kick off 12:00 (UK)

Burnley U18
3 - 1
Hull City U18

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Lineup will be displayed here shortly before the game

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Burnley U18s 3 Hull City U18s 1

Young Clarets extend unbeaten run to five.

21 October 2018

The youth team extended their unbeaten run to five, after seeing out Hull City 3-1 at the Barnfield Training Centre.

The Clarets, who have won four of their last five and drawn the other, took all three points again yesterday afternoon.

Burnley took the lead through Mitch George with just nine minutes gone, before Kai Smith doubled the hosts lead in the 52nd minute.

Terry Mupariwa added a third late on, before City snatched a late consolation goal with a minute to play.

John Townson led the side again, since Danny Cadamarteri's departure and Townson is yet to lose a match since taking charge.

He said: "I'm very happy with that, as I always say the performance is the key thing and we have performed well again, worked together and its another three points.

"The focus of the week was looking at us and making sure we performed right, but it was important not to underestimate Hull, they have played well in their last couple of games, but just not got the results they would of liked.

"I thought we were the better side for 88 minutes, until they put a bit of late pressure on and we conceeded a late goal, but overall delighted with the result and the performance.

The Clarets started bright and came close early on, as Chris Conn-Clarke struck an effort just wide of the post from close range.

However, minutes later the home side took the lead, as George slammed home a volley from inside the box.

Hull came close to pulling one back just before the break, as Dan Hawkins prodded the ball just wide of the post, following some good build up play.

But it was Burnley who had the next say, as Smith picked up the ball inside the area, before curling it home into the bottom corner to double the Clarets' lead.

And the home side added a third with 86 minutes played, as substitute Joe McGlynn teed up Mupariwa inside the box to slot home past Harrison Vaulkes.

Although, in stoppage time the Tigers pulled a goal back, after an error in the Clarets' defence.

BURNLEY: Allen, Patterson, Chima, Thomas, Armstrong, Conn-Clarke, Mupariwa, Yari, Smith, Fenlon (Kershaw 72), George (McGlynn 85).

Unused: Calderbank-Park, Carson, Major.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block