10:32 01 October 2012
By Darren Bentley
Troubleshooting for Clarets PlayerFrom the 2012/13 season, live match commentary should automatically play when accessing the live match section.
However, if you experience a time-lag, or wish to revert to the simplified version of Player commentaries, without the
rewind/play/fast forward options, click the link below the dedicated commentary bar.
If you have any problems accessing this commentary service, please follow the steps laid out below
to rule out any incompatibility issues.
STEP 1: CLEAR YOUR CACHE
It is important that we rule out any issues with your existing web browser and the Clarets Player cookies stored on it.
Please choose your browser from the below list and follow the instructions to clear your cache.
Internet Explorer 8/9:
1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools. If you don't see the menu, press 'Alt' on your keyboard to show menus.
2. Click on Internet Options and select 'Delete Browsing History'.
3. Select the check-box next to 'Temporary Internet Files'.
4. Click 'Delete'.
5. It can take several minutes for the cache history to be deleted. Once files are deleted, click 'Ok'.
1. Click the spanner icon on the browser toolbar.
2. Select 'Tools'.
3. Select 'Clear Browsing Data'.
4. In the dialogue that appears, select the ‘Empty Cache’ box.
5. Click 'Clear Browsing Data'.
1. In Firefox, click the 'Tools' menu.
2. Select 'Clear Recent History'.
3. Under 'Time Range to Clear', select 'Everything'.
4. Select the 'Details' check-box.
5. Select the 'Cache' check-box.
6. Click 'Clear Now'.
1. Click the Safari tab in the top left hand corner.
2. Select ‘Empty Cache’.
3. Click Empty.
4. Reload the current page.
1. In Opera, click the 'Tools' menu.
2. Click 'Preferences'.
3. Select the 'Advanced' tab.
4. Click 'History'.
5. In the 'Disk Cache' section, click 'Empty Now'
6. Click 'OK' to close the Preferences window.
The above should clear any corruption and allow your computer to download new cookies
from the Clarets Player site.
Please close your web browser, re-open the website and log in to Clarets Player.
STEP 2: UPDATE YOUR WEB BROWSER
If clearing your cache hasn’t worked, you may need to install a newer version of your browser.
NB: Clarets Player works at its optimum when accessed via the following browsers:
If you are still unable to access the service then please contact customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet Explorer 8
Internet Explorer 9
Thank you for supporting Clarets Player
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience if you have issues accessing Clarets Player.To subscribe to Clarets Player, please click HERE