12:32 01 August 2012
Fundraising and Events Officer
(Salary – negotiable dependant on experience)
(1 year fixed term contract with the possibility of extension depending on the success of the role)
Burnley FC in the Community is a self-financing registered charity and is now embarking on a new chapter in its commitment to serving the communities of Burnley and the surrounding areas. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated individual to the full time role of Fundraising and Events Officer. This role will involve working closely with the Head of Community to implement the charities fundraising strategy.
This new role would be perfect for an ambitious and motivated fundraiser focusing on creating, managing and developing charitable income streams from a variety of means including bid writing, fundraising events, and corporate donations. Working with the Head of Community the key responsibilities of the role will include;
• Researching and applying for grants from charitable trusts who vision and funding objectives matches that of Burnley FC in the Community.
• Managing and developing community fundraising events including identifying new event opportunities.
• Supporting, developing and inspiring fundraisers to ensure our activities are as effective as possible.
• Prepare editorial to ensure all website fundraising pages and social media opportunities are maximised including the use of digital media.
• Maintain database records and produce reports to identify income and campaign activity.
• Establishing strong relationships with corporate partners to generate charitable income through their CSR agendas.
The successful candidate will be an innovative and creative individual with the ability to identity and act on new opportunities. You will be a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude and be highly proficient with IT. You will also be a positive, personable and confident communicator with entrepreneurial flair. Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work some evenings and weekends. You will require a full, valid UK driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle.
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter to Neil Hart, Head of Community, Burnley FC in the Community, Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, Lancashire, BB10 4BX or email@example.com. Please include your current salary in your covering letter.
Closing Date: Friday 24th October 5pm
Interview Date: TBC
Burnley FC in the Community is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. An enhanced DBS check applies to this position.