16:30 21 February 2012
This is the first year in the company’s history that we are using the internet and our web site to communicate with you.
We hope in the long run this will give you a better service and save your Club/Company much needed cash.
You will find here:
• Notice of our Annual General Meeting.
• Minutes of the Annual General Meeting 2011.
• Download of our annual report and accounts for the year ending 30th June 2012.
• Download of Proxy application form. If you wish to appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf at the AGM, please fill in the proxy from and lodge it with the Company by 5.00 p.m. 14th December 2012
Please note that all members and Proxy's, where applicable, are requested to bring photo ID and the letter sent to the shareholder to gain admission to the meeting. Without this their admission may be refused.
Notice of General Meeting
I confirm that the Annual General Meeting will be held in the 1882 Lounge on Monday, 17th December, 2012 at 6.30 p.m.
Most of you have elected to receive notice of the information by email. This will only work well if you ensure you keep us up to date with your email address if you change it. If you do not keep us up to date with any changes of your email address you will miss out on information about your Company. We will also put a general notice on our web site when there is new information available to members, to view and down load if required.
Please ensure you include in your email your old email address to be discontinued, your full name and address. If you are a Shareholder and have yet to give us your email address please send us an email, but please make sure to include your full name and address. To advise us of a change of email address, please advise us by email at email@example.com
I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the General Meeting.
Clive J. Holt
THE BURNLEY FOOTBALL AND ATHLETIC COMPANY LIMITED.
Notice is hereby given that the 115th Annual General Meeting of The Burnley Football and Athletic Company Limited will be held in the 1882 Lounge, Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, Lancashire, on Monday 17th December 2012 at 6.30 p.m. to consider and pass, if thought fit, the following Resolutions.
COMPANY NUMBER 54222
NOTICE OF MEETING
1. That the financial Statement for the year ended 30th June, 2012 together with the reports of the Directors and Auditors thereon be and are hereby received and adopted.
2. That no final dividend be paid for the year ended 30th June, 2012
3. That Mr. Clive J. Holt who retires at the meeting by rotation as required by Article 87 of the Articles of Association of the Company, be re-elected as a Director of the Company.
4. To re-appoint KPMG LLP as Auditors of the Company and authorise the Directors to fix their remuneration.
By order of the Board
Clive J. Holt
1. A member entitled to attend and vote at this meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy or proxies to attend and vote instead of him. A proxy need not be a member of the Company. Proxy forms (together with the original of or a certified copy of the power of attorney or other authority under which it is signed if necessary) must be lodged with the Company at the Company’s registered office, Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley BB10 4BX not later than 5.00 p.m. on 14th December 2012. Members are requested to ensure that the Proxy appointed brings photo ID to gain admission to the meeting.
2. A statement of transactions of Directors (and so far as they can reasonably ascertain, of their family interests) in the share capital of the Company, is available for inspection during normal business hours at the Company’s registered office, Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley BB10 4BX, and will be available on the day and at the place of the Annual General Meeting until the conclusion of that meeting.
3. A form of proxy is available to be printed off, from our web site www.burnleyfc.com
MINUTES OF THE 114th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
OF BURNLEY FOOTBALL AND ATHLETIC COMPANY LIMITED
HELD IN THE 1882 LOUNGE, TURF MOOR, BURNLEY
ON TUESDAY, 12TH DECEMBER 2011 AT 6.30 P.M.The Chairman formally convened the meeting and welcomed 189 shareholders to the 114th Annual General Meeting.
The Chairman then asked that the notice of the Annual General Meeting be taken as read and there were no objections from the members
The Chairman asked that the Minutes of the last meeting, the 113th Annual Meeting held on 13th December, 2010 be taken as read as they were enclosed within the papers sent to them with the Annual Report. There were no objections from the members. The Minutes were proposed as a true and accurate record by Mr. David Perkins and seconded by Mr. David Shields and approved by members on a show of hands.
The various ordinary resolutions contained in the Notice of the Annual General Meeting were proposed and carried by the members as follows.
1. A resolution to receive and adopt the Financial Statements for the year ending 30th June, 2011 together with the Report of the Directors and Auditors thereon was proposed by Mr. David Perkins and seconded by Mr. Peter Pike. The resolution was approved by the members on a show of hands. Prior to approval, questions on the Accounts were invited, a number of questions were asked and answers given to the satisfaction of the meeting.
2. The recommendation of the Directors that no dividend be paid in respect of the year ending 30th June, 2011 was proposed by Mr. David Perkins seconded by Mr. Peter Pike and approved by the members on a show of hands.
3. A resolution to re-elect Mr. Brendan Flood to the Board of Directors as required by Article 87 of the Articles of Association of the Company was proposed by Mr. David Shields seconded by Mr. Nicholas McNeil and passed by the members on show of hands. Mr. Flood thanked the Shareholders for his re-election to the Board of Directors.
4. A resolution to re-appoint KPMG LLP as Auditors of the Company and authorise the Directors to fix their remuneration was proposed by Mr. David Shields, seconded by Mr. Peter Pike and passed by members on show of hands.
5. Special Business. It was stated that the Special Business resolution was on the notice of meeting and that it was an ordinary resolution apart from the change of the articles, which was a special resolution requiring 75% approval. This was detailed in the Notice of Meeting and was to be taken as read and taken as a whole as one resolution. There were no objections: proposed by Mr. David Shields, seconded by Mr. John Rowen and passed by members on show of hands.
That concluded the formal business and the Chairman closed the meeting after thanking everyone for their attendance and wishing all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
To view and download the Directors' Report and Financial Statement, click HERE
To view and download a proxy voting form, click HERE